I miss East Asia so much. I had a delightful conversation with my new PALS about all the words I could remember (the vast majority was descriptions and names of food…), I’ve been thinking about my wonderful “summer family,” and I’ve talked with a few other people about it lately, so it’s been on my mind. It wasn’t all perfect, and I certainly battled with discouragement many times throughout the summer. There were mosquitos out the wazoo, and I didn’t get a whole lot of sleep. But it was amazing. I keep looking forward and trying to apply everything to the now, and it’s cool to see what God is doing, but my heart just longs to go back in time to the summer.
- “…And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.” Acts 2:47
- “‘My food,’ said Jesus, ‘Is to do the will of Him who sent me and to finish His work. Do you not say, “Four months more and then the harvest”? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest… Thus the saying “one sows and another reaps” is true. I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor.'” John 4:34-35, 37-38
- “For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.” 1 Corinthians 2:2
- “You Said” by Shane & Shane
- “Mighty to Save” by Hillsong
But for now, I just want a big hug and some hotpot. 😦